A New Community
Greetings!
Gideon again. I’m excited to announce the grand opening of our Discord server: FableWorks Creators! We’ve been working on it for months, and the doors are finally opening.
Why Create a Discord Server?
Our Discord server is designed specifically to help you grow as a creator. Together we’ll learn and practice our craft—all while building a community around the art forms we love.
I hope that when the FableWorks platform goes live, it’ll become your publishing home. But I plan to take it a step further. I want FableWorks to be the place you make the most of your creativity.
Iron Sharpening Iron
Most of you fall into two camps (Artists and Writers), so we created FableWorks sessions for both. The idea is simple:
Artists: During a FableWorks art session, we host a tutorial video about art fundamentals. Then we reinforce those skills with sketchbook practice. Finally, you’ll be free to share your work for encouragement and critique. We host a session every other Friday at 9 PM EST. And of course, we set the vibe with Lofi music.
Writers: During a FableWorks writing session, we stream a YouTube video from a seasoned creator, usually between 10 and 30 minutes long, and then do writing sprints. We write for 20 minutes and compete for the highest word count. By the way, I never win—ever. Then we share snippets of our work, which is optional. Like the artists, we put on some Lofi.
Weekly Writing Sessions:
- Mondays at 9 PM EST: Sci-Fi Worldbuilding
- Thursdays at 9 PM EST: Fantasy Worldbuilding
- Saturdays at 3 PM EST: Writing Techniques
In the hours prior to a session, we’ll vote on the video.
Another thing we're experimenting with--and you'll either think i'm nuts or clever--is having special sprinting events on both Discord and Twitch. A radio host will do the sprint callouts and use customized animations. (We're talking an on-screen sprint timer, word-count rankings, and possibly shared snippets from Discord users who opt-in.)
$2 per Month—Why, Gideon?
I almost didn’t do it. The last thing anyone needs right now is another subscription. However, the $2 per month accomplishes two very critical things:
1) It’ll fuel FableWorks. When the platform goes live, we’ll need to purchase hosting to deliver your stories to your audience.
2) We’ve got to ward off scammers, spammers, and bots.
We don’t want the Discord membership to be a financial burden. That’s why we set our price at $2 a month. I’m so proud of the community we’ve built, and I promise it’s worth the cost. You can join our Patreon here.
Thank You
FableWorks isn’t merely a publishing platform. It is the place where we’ll build side-by-side as collaborators, as colleagues, and, most importantly, as friends. Through it, we’ll deliver new and refreshing art and literature. And if you’re feeling dramatic (like I am), we’ll change the world.
This is the clarion call. I hope you’ll join our band of adventurers.
Create dangerously,
Gideon Adams
P.S. Something on your mind? Please reach out to questions@fableworks.art

Comments
Post a Comment